Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why the hell am I doing this..and what's up with the name??

Let's tackel the name first. My favorite song, hands down, is William Shatner's "Live Life Like You're Going To Die". It's one of those songs that is uncomfortable to listen to, is funny, and very true. Here's a link to the song and video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6yRMrwA5Hk

Why "No Worries, Vlad"? Because I studied abroad in Australia, have some family there, and was obsessed with the phrase for some time.

Why am I starting this blog? Well..I'm not really sure. It's probably a combination of factors:

1. I've been working since November to come up with ways to introduce Web 2.o technologies into companies and I come across a lot of articles I would like to share (you'll hear me referring to this once in a while as "ESNI" or Enterprise Networking, or Social Networking, or Enterprise 2.0...or..well, you get the idea

1a. I have opinions about these articles and would like to share those as well

2. I'm a news junkie and a blog junkie - i often find myself sending links to friends and family, so it would be nice to centralize everything - oh, and I have opinions about all those things as well

3. With ESNI taking over a good portion of my life, I find less and less time to keep up with friends and family (especially my Australian folk). I hope this is a way for them to keep abreast of what I'm up to - even though I'm terrible at calling.

4. It's an unapologetically self centered attempt to keep track of my life. My hope is that this will be a statement of record for myself to look back on years from now and to remember where I was and how I got to where I will be.

Hopefully, the above give me enough selfish reasons to keep this blog up to date...and maybe some unintended good comes out of it...

No comments: